The Ministry for Urban Development, Govt. of India has conferred
‘Award for Excellence’ for Bangalore
Traffic Police for adopting best practices to improve Urban Mobility through B-TRAC
project. B-TRAC envisages innovative
technology in traffic enforcement and regulation.
The components of B-TRAC is as follows:
1) Installation of 179 Surveillance cameras to monitor Traffic movement.
2) Installation of 5 Enforcement cameras to check traffic
3) Installation of 20 Variable Messaging Systems
for dissemination of traffic information.
4) Installation of 330 integrated solar power vehicle actuated
traffic signal lights.
5) Automation enforcement for transparency in booking of
6) Establishment of State of art traffic management centers
to supervise and manage traffic flow in Bangalore City.
Apart from the above components of B-TRAC, citizen’s friendly
initiatives like creation of Citizen’s forum, Web based interaction with citizens
and innovative traffic circulation plans were also considered for award.
The Award for Excellence carries cash prize of Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
Hon’ble Minister for Home and Transport
Sri. R. Ashoka received the Award on behalf of the Bangalore City traffic police
from Sri. Kamal Nath, Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development today in New
Delhi. Sri. B.G.
Jyothiprakash Mirji, IPS, Commissioner of Police, Bangalore City and Dr. M.A. Saleem,
IPS, Addl. Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Bangalore City were also present during
the Award Ceremony.